running dhcrelay with single interface

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Mon Mar 18 11:17:26 UTC 2013

Actually there are two interfacess, eth0, and eth0.1. The second one is a
vlan sub-interface, so logically a different network. Broadcasts coming in
on this interface will have the vlan tag in the packets.

The default behaviour is to listen on all interfaces, so running this is
sufficient:

 # ./dhcrelay -4 -d 10.46.185.77

Check that the relay is able to ping the dhcp server, check the logs on
the dhcp server to see if the request is received (the log message will
include "via a.b.c.d" where this is the relay's ip address).

regards,
-glenn