DDNS and Failover

Peter Fraser petros.fraser at gmail.com
Fri May 3 04:19:49 UTC 2013

I would like to understand how a scenario would play out if I have DDNS as
well as DHCP Failover working. Let's say I have DHCP1/DNS1 and DHCP2/DNS2

DHCP1/DNS1 goes down. Users would then get IP addresses from DHCP2/DNS2
How would the DNS records of DHCP2/DNS2 be updated?

Could things be configured so that it DHCP1/DNS1 goes down, DHCP2/DNS2
would update its own DNS records and when DHCP1/DNS1 comes back online, it
somehow gets the updates. I wondering if that's even possible. Is it?

Pedro