do not respond to DHCPINFORM requests

Sergey Skobkarev Sergey.Skobkarev at ufv.ca
Wed May 8 23:44:58 UTC 2013

Hi Randall,

I'm having the same problem with 'custom' groups inside subnets. Windows 7 machines successfully get IP, domain, DNS server and other parameters on IP renew, but then they (IE?) send DHCPINFORM request, receive wrong DNS server and domain information and "fix" their lease details. As a result, I cannot assign proper 'custom' options.

If I remove 'authorative' from the configuration file, dhcpd stops responding to DHCPINFORM requests, so it works as a temporary solution. However, I however have some other usage for DHCPINFORM's and would like to fix the server and get proper INFORM answers.

I was going to hack the code, but then saw your message and decided to ask if you succeeded in that already and if you did, would you send me a patch or at least point out where should I start?

My DHCP server's version is 4.1.1 (Release: 34.P1.el6.centos), but I'll probably use the latest code for hacking/recompiling.

Thank you,

--
Sergey Skobkarev