Secondary server in failover fails to come out of recover state

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Wed May 15 21:53:16 UTC 2013

On 5/13/2013 10:43 AM, Oscar Ricardo Silva wrote:

> Just in case it's a timing issue I've told coworkers to wait an
> additional 10 minutes after the two servers go into "normal" before
> restarting the primary.

Just as a reference point, we store our dhcp configuration in
subversion, and have a job that extracts it whenever it changes and
deploys it on the underlying servers. They both restart at about the
exact same time, and we've never had an issue.

Here's what it looks like:

May 15 14:40:05 mercury dhcpd: failover peer cpp: I move from normal to
startup
May 15 14:40:06 mercury dhcpd: failover peer cpp: peer moves from normal
to communications-interrupted
May 15 14:40:06 mercury dhcpd: failover peer cpp: I move from startup to
normal

May 15 14:40:06 gemini dhcpd: failover peer cpp: I move from
communications-interrupted to startup
May 15 14:40:06 gemini dhcpd: failover peer cpp: I move from startup to
communications-interrupted
May 15 14:40:06 gemini dhcpd: failover peer cpp: peer moves from normal
to normal
May 15 14:40:06 gemini dhcpd: failover peer cpp: I move from
communications-interrupted to normal