DHCP failover - disk full, can not commit to lease file

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Tue May 28 04:02:01 UTC 2013

DHCP is not a monitoring system. Why not use your existing, dedicated
monitoring system to detect the failure modes you care about, and get that
to trigger failover. This could be simple - turn off the dhcp service, or
put it in partner-down mode.

There are many possible scenarios where this would be appropriate, but is
this something the dhcp server needs to be able to handle?  Is this the
best use of available dhcp developer time?

regards,
-glenn