DHCP failover - disk full, can not commit to lease file

Sten Carlsen stenc at s-carlsen.dk
Tue May 28 09:10:16 UTC 2013

You should monitor the disks, not the log?

Any system that uses disk space on that particular host needs free
space. The systems I have seen warn when less than 10% free disk space
is remaining, that is the point you should act on - free up disk space
or add new disks. This information is not available in dhcp-logs but a
well designed monitoring system will tell you.

Once you see the message from dhcp, the disaster is at the door, knocking.

On 28/05/13 6:25, Louis Lau wrote:

> Yes agree. This can be monitored by monitoring system with some docuentation. Currently we may use HPOV or other monitoring script to monitor the DHCP log. But the output must match exactly or otherwise too many alarm will be triggered.
>
> We noted that there are subscription service of ISC DHCP, would this cover the documentation for the monitoring part?
>
> And also we want to know are there any application level fault the failover mechanism could handle. We have currently just know that if node down or communication down, the failover will kick in. not sure about what other condition would kick in the failover.
>
> Louis Lau

Best regards

Sten Carlsen

No improvements come from shouting: