failover with bootp

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Mon Nov 18 09:45:16 UTC 2013

Hi Julie

This is from the RELNOTES file:

This limitation was removed after version 3.1.0

- Dynamic BOOTP leases are now load balanced in failover.

and in versions after 4.2.3

- Remove outdated note in the description of the bootp keyword about the
  option not satisfying the requirement of failover peers for denying
  dynamic bootp clients.
  [ISC-bugs #28574]

So you should be able to remove the 'deny dynamic bootp clients' line and
have it work.

regards,
-glenn