lease limit 1 and Apple Mac Computers creates duplicate IP address

Oskar Berggren oskar.berggren at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 21:10:53 UTC 2013

This is one of the reasons many competent switches have support for
snooping the DHCP traffic and blocking IP-traffic with source addresses
other than those assigned by the DHCP server. Amongs ISP's it's also not
uncommon to isolate clients on (effectively) their own vlan. (Since
ethernet was not originally designed to cope with an environment where
clients are untrusted.)

/Oskar