Static IP via Option 82 - methodology

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Fri Jan 17 05:32:11 UTC 2014

Thanks, Dave.  If you wanted to give the customer one static and one dynamic
IP, is there a combination of using classes on a subnet with host
identifiers?

class "ONTs"
{
    lease limit 2;
    match if substring(option agent.remote-id,0,3)="Ont";
    spawn with option agent.remote-id;
}
host N42-1-1-4-3-1 {
   host-identifier option agent.remote-id "Ont:N42-1-1-4-3-OntEth1-1";
   fixed-address 192.168.1.200;
}
shared-network FTTH
{
       subnet 192.168.1.0 netmask 255.255.255.0
	pool
		{
			range 192.168.1.2 192.168.1.100;
			allow members of "ONTs";