Help

ASHISH VERMA ashu.verma21 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 05:37:29 UTC 2014

Hi all,

                I want to cross compile the ISC DHCP-4.2.5  to mips linux
compiler type.
./configure command running successfully.

While issuing make command , its throwing an error which I mentioned below.

 make

Making all in bind

Configuring BIND Export libraries for DHCP.

configure: WARNING: if you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.

    If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used

configure: WARNING: using cross tools not prefixed with host triplet

Building BIND Export libraries - this takes some time.

building in /home/user/dhcp-4.2.3/bind/bind-9.8.1/lib/export
/bin/sh: ./gen: cannot execute binary file
gmake[3]: *** [code.h] Error 126
gmake[2]: *** [subdirs] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2

please tell me what is the issue .please do reply .

thanks

regards

Ashish verma

                I would like to know what would be the reason for this
error.I am using ISC DHCP-4.2.3 package.

                Please let me know is there any procedure available for
cross compiling ISC DHCP-4.2.3.

Regards,

Ameen S