Gentle shutdown feature

Shawn Routhier sar at isc.org
Tue Jul 1 20:50:12 UTC 2014

After seeing the responses we've decided the proper thing to do is to disable
the signal code for the next set of releases.  We are planning the beta now
and hope to release the tarballs around July 10th if our internal testing doesn't
find any issues.

We do plan to re-add this feature in the release after that when we have
a bit more time to decide on the best solution.  The options include:
a compile time option to enable or disable the feature
a run time option to enable or disable the feature
using a different set of signals for the different features

thank you all for your responses,
Shawn Routhier
ISC