option 82 feature of DHCP

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Jul 3 15:45:11 UTC 2014

Following the google suggestion, the first hit gives this snippet which
looks like exactly what you want. I think the man pages are a behind the
times as they don't mention this. If your circuit-id is binary then you
can use a sequence of colon separated hex digit pairs to represent it.

"Starting from ISC DHCPD version 4.2, you can match on agent.circuit-id as
well, by using this syntax:

	host client-name-1 {
		host-identifier option agent.circuit-id "dslam42.port22";
		fixed-address 192.168.0.6;
	}
Unfortunately, at this time, the "host-identifier option ..." statement
only works with agent.circuit-id."

regards,
-glenn