Trouble assigning Teradici MC server to a Dell Wyse Thin client

Mike Diggins mike.diggins at mcmaster.ca
Tue Jul 22 23:53:41 UTC 2014

I'm having trouble with my Dell Wyse Thin client (PCoIP) when attempting
to assign it a TERADICI Management Console server via DHCP and option
43. I'm running ISC DHCP Server 4.1.1-P1 (RedHat). I don't have much
experience with this but I'm attempting to convert the Windows DHCP
server documentation to ISC and my configuration looks like this:

option space MC_Address;
option MC_Address.data code 241 = ip-address;

shared-network BSB-VDI-Lab {
   option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
   subnet 172.26.33.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
         option routers 172.26.33.5;
         vendor-option-space MC_Address;
         option MC_Address.data 192.168.247.5;

# All clients are to be statically assigned an IP address - no dynamic
ranges
host BSB246-VDI-TST {hardware ethernet 00:80:64:C8:ED:78; fixed-address
172.26.33.10; }

I can see the client leases the fixed address correctly and a Wireshark
capture shows the option 43 information offered to the client with the
server address (192.168.247.5) embedded (I don't know if it's in the
right format though). However, when I boot the thin client it displays a
window with a drop down containing the IP 192.168.1.1 and asks to select
a MC server, so I assume it isn't working. Is it my DHCP configuration
or the client? Any help would be appreciated.

I did endless searches on the Internet for an example to work from but
could find nothing other than the Windows DHCP server documentation from
Teradici!

-Mike