DHCP 4.0.1 fails to recover from communications-interrupted after network outage

Jeremiah Jinno jeremiah.jinno at gmail.com
Thu Jun 5 16:18:09 UTC 2014

Thanks for the help. I may give 4.3.0 a try, but for now an upgrade to
4.2.6 did result in the correct behavior in the end.

Interestingly, I note that upon resolving back to the normal state (aka.
once they transition from communications-interrupted to normal), both
servers essentially restart their state machines? causing an additional
transition from communications-interrupted to normal... unfortunately the
fix being more important than the mechanism at this point, I have not
looked into it any further.

Thanks again for all the help.

 - Jeremiah D. Jinno