DHCP server migration

Pereida, Alejandro APereida at IID.com
Wed Oct 15 17:05:26 UTC 2014

Our present DHCP server is running version :
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.2.1-P1

This server running RHEL 5.10 need to be migrated to a new hardware, I already have a new server with RHEL 6.5 and
Internet Systems Consortium DHCP Server 4.3.1

The question  is: If I copy the dhcpd.conf file from the old server to the new one, and also copy the /var/state/dhcp/dhcpd.leases, turn off dhcpd services on the old server and start it on the new one, will that work without causing any kind of IP conflict with all the hosts out there that already have an IP? Or what else should be considered to get rid of the old server and deploy the new one?

Thanks

Alex