2 IP addresses when PXE booting, ping check doesn't spot same MAC address

David A. Evans Evans_David_A at cat.com
Tue Oct 21 15:08:11 UTC 2014

        I'll try and dig into this further, but our Citrix environment had
a similar problem.  It was that the UID after boot(Windows) was not the
same as the UID during the PIX boot.   The MAC's were the same but because
the UID was different, 2 different IP's were given out.

This was the solution if I remember correctly.

Add ignore-client-uids option in the server.  This option causes
  the server to not record a client's uid in its lease.  This
  violates the specification but may also be useful when a client
  can dual boot using different client ids but the same mac address.

David A. Evans
Enterprise IP/DNS Management
Network Infrastructure Tools and Services
Evans_David_A at cat.com