DDNS TTL in 4.3

Doug Barton dougb at dougbarton.email
Tue Apr 21 21:51:42 UTC 2015

Howdy,

In 4.2 and previous it was true that the TTL sent for DDNS requests was
1/2 the default lease time. In 4.3 it seems that there is no TTL value
sent, so the DDNS records simply inherit the zone default TTL. That's
not necessarily a bad thing, but it's different, and I need to know how
to advise my customers if it turns out they were depending on the old
behavior.

Where can I find documentation on this change? And if it was discussed
previously, my apologies for missing the memo.

Doug

--
I am conducting an experiment in the efficacy of PGP/MIME signatures.
This message should be signed. If it is not, or the signature does not