Not able to resolve the tftp alias name

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Fri Dec 4 01:00:35 UTC 2015

When you specify the name in quotes it is passed as a string to the device
that is booting. That device has to resolve the name to an IP address.
Perhaps replace the string with the fully qualified name? Your pxe client
may not be smart enough to do a dns lookup.

Alternatively use the dhcp-function 'next-server' and do not use quotes
around the name. This way the dhcp server will resolve the name to an IP
and send the IP address in the dhcp response, eg:

next-server proj-1.ab.lab;

regards,
-glenn