Remove the unspecified gateway from linux routing table
niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Tue Feb 17 12:24:07 UTC 2015
At Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:16:07 +0100,
Rudy Zijlstra wrote:
> The correct question is indeed posed by the OP, which is why the
> gateway is not applied from the DHCP response.
> Some questions:
> - which distribution is this?
> - is dhcp provided by the a package from the distribution, or is it
> hand compiled?
> - which release of dhclient/dhcp is in use?
> - dhclient typically calls a script to set the values. Is this script
> correct and in place?
I would add:
- Are the client ("remote linux machine") and DHCP server connected
to the same network?
- If not, is a DHCP relay in use?
- What is shown in the DHCP server logs?
- What is shown in the *client* leases file?
- Is the DHCP response actually reaching the client, and in good time?
[The presence of a route for 169.254.0.0/16 suggests to me not.]
More information about the dhcp-users