Remove the unspecified gateway from linux routing table

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Tue Feb 17 12:24:07 UTC 2015

At Tue, 17 Feb 2015 12:16:07 +0100,
Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

> The correct question is indeed posed by the OP, which is why the
> gateway is not applied from the DHCP response.

  +1

> Some questions:
> - which distribution is this?
> - is dhcp provided by the a package from the distribution, or is it
> hand compiled?
> - which release of dhclient/dhcp is in use?
> - dhclient typically calls a script to set the values. Is this script
> correct and in place?

  I would add:

  - Are the client ("remote linux machine") and DHCP server connected
    to the same network?
  - If not, is a DHCP relay in use?
  - What is shown in the DHCP server logs?
  - What is shown in the *client* leases file?
  - Is the DHCP response actually reaching the client, and in good time?
    [The presence of a route for 169.254.0.0/16 suggests to me not.]

  Niall O'Reilly