One IP for several Interfaces

Алексей Прокопчук alexpro at homelan.lg.ua
Fri Feb 20 17:50:23 UTC 2015

20.02.2015 18:16, Simon Hobson пишет:
> It isn't a problem on a Mac - I assume it's Windows that's moaning about it.
He said: "It manifests itself in a ip address conflict."
Windows reports an IP address conflict only in case when two or more
different MAC-addresses responds on identical IP address. I think wired
and wireless interfaces on his case connected to same ethernet segment,
and it causes IP conflict report. I don't know whether MacOS detects IP
conflict or not. But in any case, in any system everything will work
properly because finally the result depends entirely on which route will
be selected to use. Even if conflict detected, one of interfaces will work.

With best regards, Alexey Prokopchuk (AP8686-RIPE)