One IP for several Interfaces

Daniel Thielking Daniel.Thielking at ias.rwth-aachen.de
Sat Feb 21 13:33:22 UTC 2015

Thank you for your replies.

In most cases the clients are Linux (Fedora 21) and Windows 7 or 8.1. I
know that this is not exactly an DHCP-Server Problem but I thought that
this would be the best place to ask.

On my Fedora notebook i have tried to enable both wireless and cable
connection with dhcpclient and both interfaces getting the same IP.
After a short time approx. 10 seconds later no communication between my
notebook and all other devices in my network is possible. So I think
there is an IP address conflict. Is it possible to configure the clients
to use a prioritized interface i.e. first cable, second wireless?

Auszubildender Fachinformatiker für Systemintegration
RWTH Aachen
Lehrstuhl für Integrierte Analogschaltungen
Raum 24C 313
Walter-Schottky-Haus
Sommerfeldstr. 24
D-52074 Aachen