randomly(!) assign ip's from dynamic address range

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri Jun 5 18:21:42 UTC 2015

dave c <dhcp at gvtc.drakkar.org> wrote:

> However, there is a cleaner way to turn on pools in the system. You can use a cron job to add a deny all clients; statement to one of the 10 pools (as suggested below) or to one of the two pools as suggested by the prior responder. Then you aren't yanking the active leases away from active users.

Yes you are - because when the client comes to renew, it'll be denied. When it's lease expires, it's no longer got that address so any sessions it has open will break.
That's going to be the case with any solution that doesn't allow all clients to keep their address for as long a they keep renewing it.

Until the OP comes back and gives a bit more information (such as whether they can detect clients leaving the network and the nature of the clients and how they work) then we can't really go much further.