How to - DHCP Relay and Server on same machine (FreeBSD)

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Wed Jun 17 15:05:42 UTC 2015

test24 <test24 at mail.ru> wrote:

> man dhcp relay says:
>
> -p PORT
>               Listen  and  transmit  on  port PORT.  This is mostly useful for
>               debugging purposes.  Default is port  67  for  DHCPv4/BOOTP

That changes the port the relay agent uses - but **NOT** the port it assumes the server is using. Checking the man page I see nothing to suggest it can talk to a server via a non-standard port - you could try "nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn:77" for server IP, but I suspect that's not implemented.

If not, I imagine it might be "relatively" simple to edit the code and hard code a different server port to use.