ipv6 and failover

Kristof Van Doorsselaere kristof.vandoorsselaere at hogent.be
Tue Jun 23 09:00:40 UTC 2015

Dear dhcpd user mailing list,

Some time ago I posted a message about problems I encountered with dhcpd 4.3.2 and ldap support on centos 7.

Meanwhile to continue my work  i moved on to debian linux 8.1 and can confirm the issues I saw on centos 7 are not present on debian.

Now I was trying to figure out if and how I could configure failover for IPv6 dhcpd, but I’m a little confused about the current status, can someone tell me:

  *   what is the current status for ipv6 dhcpd failover
  *   Can we already implement this, or is this  feature not yet implemented

All I found so far is:

An RFC  which discusses a failover design

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-design-04

An RCF for DHCPv6 Failover Protocol

https://github.com/tomaszmrugalski/ietf-dhcpv6-fo/blob/master/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-failover-protocol-00.txt

Thanks in advance for you reply