Problem with custom variable in bootfile-name

Niall O'Reilly niall.oreilly at ucd.ie
Wed Jun 24 11:53:57 UTC 2015

On Wed, 24 Jun 2015 12:32:37 +0100,
Bob Harold wrote:
> I would have expected a client to ask for all the options that it
> understands, and to ignore any option it did not request. Am I missing
> something?

  Exceptions.

  The client may avoid asking for some options which are not needed
  at boot-time.  If an application or service needs such an option at
  run-time, it will have to ask for them then (using DHCPINFORM, as
  Peter mentioned).

  The client may be "interestingly broken" and not ask even for the
  minimal set of options necessary to connect to any network.

  The network environment may need the client to be configured with
  options which are outside the set of typically sufficient ones.

  Best regards,
  Niall O'Reilly