DHCPv6 and DDNS

Philippe Clérié philippe at gcal.net
Fri Jun 26 13:10:24 UTC 2015

On 06/18/2015 12:35 PM, Philippe Clérié wrote:
> Hello,
>
> First time on the list, mostly because I have not found my answer on
> Debian users or anywhere else.
>
> For the past couple of weeks I've been trying to set up isc-dhcp-server
> ( 4.3.1 ) on Debian Jessie for IPv6. I am at a point where the server is
> providing addresses but I cannot get it to update the DNS server.

Just returning to this subject. It seems that the server works correctly
with windows clients. At least, the one windows machine in the house is
getting IPv4 and IPv6 addresses assigned; A and AAAA records are created
by the DHCP server along with the respective reverse entries.

I guess that proves the server configuration is perfectly adequate for
some clients. A Macbook did not work though: the address was issued and
used but no DNS updates were performed. Androids and Chromebooks all
seem to be stateless only. It feels very weird that Windows does this
correctly with BIND, but ISC's own client does not.

--
Philippe

------
The trouble with common sense it that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>