Storing leases in LDAP

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Tue Mar 10 12:28:19 UTC 2015

If you make the assurance of write integrity LDAPs problem rather than DHCPs problem then then DHCP server can worry about..DHCP and LDAP about data integrity.

So you are absolutely correct, but you just change where the responsibility lies rather than using pixie dust and hope ;-)

Of course if the LDAP server disappears then you may as well go down the pub until it's fixed, so that's why you would have two of them multi-master with a load balancer in front that can detect when it fails.

For sure it's a non-trivial exercise to maintain write integrity, especially at speed across multiple nodes but it's not as though it's never been done (IBM SolidDB for example)

--
Leigh