ISC DHCP Server unable to start in Solaris SPARC 11

Techie aravind.voruganti89 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 02:00:08 UTC 2015

Hello,

I have been trying to start the ISC DHCP server on Solaris 11 SPARC. Using
the 'svcadm enable XXX' command, the DHCP server state changes from
default 'disabled' to 'offline'. But it never moves to 'online' even after
several refreshes.

I have added the 'DHCP Management' profile to my root user and same
result. All i can find from the '/var/svc/log/network-dhcp-
server:ipv4.log' is 'Rereading configuration'. But nothing happens.

Can some one have any idea on whats happening or if i am missing anything.

Thanks