Dhcpd fixed-address leases

Akey, Michael Mike.Akey at oregonstate.edu
Fri Nov 6 21:25:04 UTC 2015

What is the appropriate way to see lease information on ISC dhcpd 4.2.2 for hosts defined with a fixed-address?  For example, say I have this config:

subnet 10.0.0.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
        option routers 10.0.0.1;
        option subnet-mask 255.255.255.0;
}

group {

host some.host.tld {
    hardware ethernet 00:11:22:33:44:55;
    fixed-address 10.0.0.2
}

[...]
}

I am able to see in my dhcpd logs the full transaction (discover/offer/request/ack) between the client and server.  However, when I look at the leases file or try to look for a lease object with the client's IP in omshell, the lease for that IP is not there.  For what it's worth, leases given to clients from pool declarations are present.  Should I be looking elsewhere, or is the dhcpd log the only place I can check to see if a client has requested a lease and given a fixed-address?

Thanks,

Mike Akey
Information Services
Oregon State University