IPv6 DHCP Routing

spaceman spaceman at antispaceman.com
Tue Nov 17 17:31:53 UTC 2015

Hi Brice,

>This seems to be a normal behaviors, because we dont have possibility to
>specify the prefix length in DHCPv6, so every simgle machine will have
>/128, then even if they are all on the same link we'll have routing, to
>avoid this,
>You can ask your router sending RA, to set the "L" flag to tell nodes to
>consider that they are on the same link, this way you could avoid all
>trafic to pass through the GW. And set manegement flag as well

I figured this out now. The reason for it was that the routing advertisement
was set for the network used by ip6 to ip4 tunnel. Thus all traffic went to
the router to be routed to the internal network. The reason why this only
happened on the windows machine is probably due to way the DHCP client works.

Internal: 2001:470:1f09:800::1/64
External: 2001:470:1f08:800::1/64

Anyway don't I feel stupid.

Thanks,