Using custom variable to assign value to bootfile-name

karteek.challa at wipro.com karteek.challa at wipro.com
Tue Nov 17 18:20:16 UTC 2015

Hi Niall and Simon,

Thanks a ton for your inputs.
I have created the config files with only entry with the software version for each target and included them in the actual dhcp file. And gave full permission to these config files and only r&x permission to actual dhcp file.

I have one more query!
How can I calculate the string length in the dhcp file.
For example:
Option software-version "soft_v1_g2333.tar"
I want to know the length of "soft_v1_g2333.tar" in the dhcp conf file.
Is it possible? Is there any function similar to substring()?

BR,
Karteek