DRP server startup

Friesen, Don MTIC:EX Don.Friesen at gov.bc.ca
Wed Nov 25 16:47:40 UTC 2015

Note that the DRP won't see renew packets, because those are usually unicast to one DHCP server.  They will only see broadcast packets.  If there are no 'new' clients, there might not be any.  If a new client (or release/renew, depending on the client) does not show up, then I would suggest tracing packets to be sure that discover packets are reaching the DRP servers.

--
Bob Harold

I have snooped the interface, and see traffic arriving.

I think this Saturday I may do a DRP test of the Primary.  I was wondering if this was a feature of a Secondary server in a pair, that it would do nothing until it has at least established a first connection to the Primary.

Don Friesen