DRP server startup

Friesen, Don MTIC:EX Don.Friesen at gov.bc.ca
Wed Nov 25 18:07:43 UTC 2015

  Snooping vnet0 I see relayed traffic that the relay has forwarded to the server.  We do not run local traffic, so the servers will never directly see broadcasts.  Since this server is not production and has never served out any addresses, the remote clients will not be unicasting to it.  The relays will convert all broadcast to unicast and forward to the server list.  Since it retains the full list of 105000+ leases, the configuration for those networks is understood, otherwise it would flush the lease database.

   I don’t think I’ll know more until I get a chance to turn up both DRP servers as a paired set and watch them converge.

Don Friesen