quistion about PXE boot

Julie Xu J.Xu at westernsydney.edu.au
Sat Apr 9 00:21:43 UTC 2016

Hi,

I have problem with one campus PXE boot.

Basically, when you boot a window machine normally, it can get ip addres, but if you do PXE boot, it can not get.

This case happens when we change network switch. Yes, it is switch issue, not dhcp.

But, what is different PXE boot and normally boot different?

On PXE boot, I can see the dhcp discover send out; I can see dhcp offer send out from dhcp server. but, the dhcp offer never pass the switch to the machine.

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu