log statement doesn't

Doug Hughes doug at will.to
Tue Apr 12 04:28:05 UTC 2016

I've been beating my head against this for days. I've tried all kinds of
variants, but I just can't make it work. What my real end goal i is to
give a special config and boot image to some Polycom phones, ,so this is
all a means to an end. The phones use an option-125 that has Polycom in
it at the beginning (verified with tshark), but no matter what I try in
the config, I can't get the right match. So, I tried adding log
statements for debugging using various offsets, but the log statements
never output anything at all.

Here's an excerpt:

option option125 code 125 = string;

log (debug, concat("hw: ", binary-to-ascii(16,8,":", hardware)));
log (debug, concat("client-id: ",
binary-to-ascii(16,8,":",substring(dhcp-client
-identifier,16,1))));
log (debug, concat("opt-125: ", substring(option125,1,7)));
log (debug, "check option125");

The only lines that output anything are the 'hw' line at the beginning
and the plain old option125 at the end. The other 2 lines output
nothing, not even the plain text.. I wish there was extra levels of
debugging that I could turn on to see raw options processing.

Any hints?