client class parameters inside subnet decl?

Václav Ovsík vaclav.ovsik at i.cz
Mon Aug 22 08:25:27 UTC 2016

On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 02:42:50AM +1000, Glenn Satchell wrote:
> As you've seen, redefining the class doesn't work as you expect. There's a
> couple of ways around this.
>
> Either use an if() clause in the initial class definition to have the
> different options

You mean probably
    if config-option ...<some option identifing subnet> test
	 options for class clients on subnet
Interesting, this hadn't crossed my mind.

> Or, better I think, is to override the values in the pool. The permit
> means that only members of the class Alcatel-Lucent_IPSip will match, but
> you can have another pool in the same subnet with a deny members of
> Alcatel-Lucent_IPSip for any other devices if needed. Similarly for the
> other subnet.
>
> So your definition below becomes:
>
>    subnet 10.2.44.0 netmask 255.255.255.0 {
>            option routers 10.2.44.1;
>            pool {
>                    range 10.2.44.50 10.2.44.60;
>                    allow members of "Alcatel-Lucent_IPSip";
>                    next-server 10.2.28.12;
>                    option vendor-encapsulated-options 3a:02:00:12:ff;
>            }
>    }

I wondered about this. The drawback of this solution is fragmentation of
IP address range. But yes, I can live with it.

What a shame, there is no

    if member_of class
	options...

Oh, maybe I can globaly set some option for class members and test it in
subnet. I'm going to experiment with this ;)

Thanks
Have a nice day
--
Zito