INFORM getting different values for the same option than REQUEST

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Feb 16 11:07:41 UTC 2016

Glenn Satchell <glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au> wrote:

> I'm pretty sure this is expected behaviour. The INFORM request doesn't
> have enough information for the server to work out pool memberships.

I vaguely recall from past discussions that this is considered wrong but mandated by the RFCs. Specifically, the server is not allowed to look at any lease the client has been given when responding to an Inform message - and given that the client may not send all the same information, this means the server may respond with different answers.