PD hint support in dhclient6?

Paul Dugas paul at dugas.cc
Fri Jan 8 13:23:58 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 9:31 AM, Mike wrote:

> On 1/7/2016 8:51 AM, Paul Dugas wrote:
> > Trying to get a Sophos UTM9 router to request a /60 IPv6 prefix
> > delegation without much luck.  Comcast keeps giving me a /64 which i
> > their default unless they get a PD hint otherwise.  The box is using
> > dhclient6-4.3.0 under the hood and I'm wondering if this version has any
> > support for including the hint in the initial solicit packet.
> >
> > [snip]
>
> This thread has some info, and a possible workaround using the lease file...
> https://lists.isc.org/pipermail/dhcp-users/2014-April/017796.html

Saw that earlier.  Tried disabling the interface, changing the suffix
of the iaprefix line in the lease file from /64 to /60, and
re-enabling it but the packet capture doesn't look any different. That
doesn't make any sense now that I think of it.  I expect to see it
request the addresses from the existing leases file.  Still digging...

--
Paul Dugas / paul at dugas.cc / 404-932-1355