Interface name handling

Shawn Routhier sar at isc.org
Fri Jul 22 18:33:22 UTC 2016

It appears that a new(er) feature in some OSes
is creating interface names of a length that causes
problems for ISC DHCP programs (server, relay and client).

We have created a patch for this and it will ship in
the next releases of the code (4.3.5 and 4.1-ESV-R14).
However as this issue seems to be causing problems
for a number of people I’ve concluded that sending out the
patch to the users list is reasonable.

If you have a problem with your program crashing
or interface recognition errors and your interface name
is 15 bytes long please try applying this patch before
submitting a bug report.

regards,
Shawn