Setting a host lease time via OMAPI

Julien Semaan jsemaan at inverse.ca
Thu Mar 3 20:47:31 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I am an engineer part of the PacketFence (http://packetfence.org/) team
which already actively uses the ISC DHCP server.

Due to the nature of our product, we need to have a lease time of 30
seconds in our DHCP scopes.

What we would like to do, is to be able to make this lease time higher
for specific hosts dynamically without restarting the DHCP server.

We already integrate with the OMAPI to get the current lease for a MAC
address, so I thought I would give it a shot for this also.

When I try to create the host with the default-lease-time and
max-lease-time attributes, it throws an error : can't open object:
unknown attribute

Now, is it me not using the right names when setting the variables or is
it that what I am trying to do is impossible ?

Here is a pastebin of my omshell session : http://pastebin.com/rbkdPqCP

If it is not possible to do this via the OMAPI, is there an alternate
way to accomplish what we want to do ?

Thanks !

--
Julien Semaan