Ubuntu Isc-Dhcp 4.2.4 and disable IPv6 !

Nicolas C. dhcp at nryc.fr
Thu Mar 17 15:25:10 UTC 2016

Le 17/03/2016 15:38, CpServiceSPb . a écrit :
> Hi. Output of netstat command made me think. Let' s look:
>
> [...]
>
> *udp6 0 0 :::39873 :::* 12116/dhcpd

According to this bug report, it's caused by the nsupdate capability of
dhcpd :

It probably means that even though dhcpd is running in DHCPv4 mode, it
will perform DDNS (dynamic updates of DNS zones) with nsupdate either on
IPv4 or IPv6 protocol. So this is why you see dhcpd listening in IPv6.

My personal opinion is that's not really a bug : if the DHCP server has
an IPv6 connectivity with the DNS server, why not use IPv6 regardless of
the type of addresses that are being updated ?

Regards,

Nicolas