Failure of dhcp server failover

Eugene Grosbein eugen at grosbein.net
Sun May 1 09:02:03 UTC 2016

01.05.2016 15:56, sthaug at nethelp.no пишет:
>> As I have wrote in the first letter, AP makes use of several IP addresses (one per vlan)
>> asking for them using the same MAC address. Such requests differ in option 82 only,
>> so I'm forced to use classes and matching against agent.circuit-id.
>>
>> Is it possible to assign more than one fixed-address to the same MAC depending on vlan tag
>> without usage of classes?
>
> Keep in mind that the DHCP server knows nothing about VLANs. It knows
> about interfaces and their IP addresses.

And it known about option 82 that can carry vlan information :-)

> However, because the DHCP
> server needs to be able to handle broadcast traffic (unless you use a
> relay agent), there may be problems keeping broadcast traffic from
> different VLAN-based interfaces apart, at least for some operating
> systems.

I do use DHCP relays, as I've wrote in the first message.
My DHCP servers reside in distinct network segments separated from clients
by routers and do not see any broadcasts, only unicast-relayed queries.

> You should be able to match on circuit ID just fine, though.

My problem still persists. How do I debug it?

Eugene Grosbein