Problem to set up DHCP for ipv6 - subnet_number():inet.c:45: Addr/mask length mismatch

Simon Hobson dhcp1 at thehobsons.co.uk
Thu May 26 09:28:31 UTC 2016

Reed Xia <huaqin2005 at gmail.com> wrote:

> root at johw-Lenovo:/etc# /root/dhcp-4.3.4/server/dhcpd -cf dhcpd.conf eth0 start
> No subnet declaration for start (no IPv4 addresses).

Can't help with the query itself, but you are starting the server incorrectly. "start" would be a command for your service management/init system - eg "service isc-dhcp-server [ start | stop ]". When starting the server directly as you are doing, omit the start - just executing it implies start !
As it is, dhcpd is trying to interpret start as the name of an interface, hence the error it's spitting out.

It's possible that this is the cause of your main issue - I've no idea on that but it's worth eliminating the "start" error first.

BTW - in general it's best to use the scripts to start the service. While manually starting it is easy for testing, it may not result in the same environment as when using the scripts - which can result in you getting something working, only for it to fail to start/work properly at boot time.