Silencing output when scripts execute

Jeffrey Lane jeff at ubuntu.com
Wed Nov 2 21:24:36 UTC 2016

When a script is executed on when the lease is created, a bunch of
output is dumped to the logging facility (syslog).

Like this:

execute_statement argv[0] = /usr/local/sbin/dhcpevent
execute_statement argv[1] = commit
execute_statement argv[2] = 192.168.1.40
execute_statement argv[3] = 11:aa:bb:cc:dd:ee
execute_statement argv[4] = d1.jp

(taken from this blog post:
http://jpmens.net/2011/07/06/execute-a-script-when-isc-dhcp-hands-out-a-new-lease/)

Is there a way to silence those lines?  They seem rather debuggish,
and on my production system my syslog files are being flooded with 16
lines of "execute_statement" messages for every single lease assigned.

Over the last 7 days, this has led to well over 4 million lines of
text in syslog files that simply don't need to be there.

So I was wondering if there was a way to turn that off and only see
the standard REQUEST/ACK messages in syslog, or perhaps a way to send
THOSE messages to one log while keeping the REQUEST/ACK messages in
syslog.

Thanks
Jeff

--
Jeff Lane - Server Certification Lead, Tools Developer, Warrior Poet,
Lover of Pie