on release {} and DHCPv6

perl-list perl-list at network1.net
Tue Nov 22 15:07:39 UTC 2016

Folks,

I am testing what custom logs can be created with DHCPv6. I have this in my config file:

on release {
log(info,"THIS IS A RELEASE!");
if exists dhcp6.ia-na {
log(info,
concat( "RELEASED,",
"IP,",binary-to-ascii(16, 16, ":", substring(option dhcp6.ia-na,16,16))
)
);
}
if exists dhcp6.client-id {
log(info,
concat( "RELEASED,",
"DUID,",binary-to-ascii(16, 8, ":", option dhcp6.client-id)
)
);

According to a packet capture, both ia-na (option 3) and client-id (option 1) are present. These options appear to have exactly the same content as they do during a Request.

However, in the log, all that is printed is "THIS IS A RELEASE!".

These same sorts of log messages work fine in on commit {}

Anyone have any idea why these options aren't available during a release? Is there some secret sauce that I am missing here to decode these options during a release?