Option 43 and scopes

Mike Richardson mike.richardson at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Nov 25 10:39:06 UTC 2016

Apologies if this has been asked and answered but I'm struggling to find the
right information.

I'm trying to configure up option 43 for Aruba APs and Siemens VOIP phones.

The Aruba APs require this approach to option 43:

"
option serverip code 43 = ip-address;

shared-network wireless_APs_setuproom
{
  option serverip X.X.X.X;
}
"

This configuration appears only to be valid in the global scope (BICBW).

The VOIP config is sub option based:

"
option space VOIP;
option VOIP.siemens code 1 = text;
option VOIP.vlan code 2 = integer 32;
option VOIP.dls code 3 = text;

class "OptiIpPhone"
{
  match if option vendor-class-identifier = "OptiIpPhone";

  vendor-option-space VOIP;
  option VOIP.siemens "Siemens";
}

"

Either of these work fine on their own but as soon as I mix them then the
VOIP stuff stops working and doesn't send back any option 43 data.

My completely uneducated guess is that the global nature of each clash with
each other. I'm a bit stuck now as to how to make both work together.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

--