Dynamic Docsis modem configuration files

Tony Peacock tpeacock at zcorum.com
Mon Oct 10 13:13:13 UTC 2016

Has anyone configured dhcpd with any sort of Dynamic Docsis modem
configuration generation?  Essentially, have a Dhp discover generate a
Docsis configuration file, to then hand to a Cable Modem.

I'm familiar with the Incognito BCC capability of doing so (pricey
solution), and I've seen "docsis_server" mentioned (appears to have low
levels of support), and I've read that the Cisco BAC does this.   I am
however looking into the possibility of doing this with the ISC Dhcpd
service.

Is this a problem someone else has solved already?  I've been digging
through the archives, but no luck so far.

Thanks!
Tony