dhcp failover behalve

Julie Xu J.Xu at westernsydney.edu.au
Sun Oct 16 08:44:45 UTC 2016

Hi,

When dhcp failover setup, for a dynamic range on a subnet, when first dhcp server offline, I will expect all machine in the subnet will get second dhcp server for the service to give a new ip address, or to confirm the use of existed ip address which the machine is using.

And I believe, most pairs in my control is working this way. But, one pair is not working as others. If the  first dhcp server offline, than the machine who was get ip address from the server, has problem to get ip address from second dhcp server.

Could anyone advise what is  the correct action the dhcp server should do? and is there  any special configuration required to make the service continue even one of the server is offline?

Any comments will be appreciated

Thanks in advance

Julie Xu