Provide pac (proxy auto configuration) via isc-dhcpd

Glenn Satchell glenn.satchell at uniq.com.au
Thu Sep 8 13:07:52 UTC 2016

"local-proxy-config" is a user defined label for the dhcp option number
252. This number is in the user defined range, but Microsoft chose to use
it for this function in Internet Explorer, other browsers followed this.

There are two parts to that setting and they are given in the article. The
first one defines the option and says that dhcp option number 252 is to be
encoded as a text string:

option local-proxy-config code 252 = text;

and the second one where a value is assigned:

option local-proxy-config "http://www.example.org/proxy.pac";

For this to work you need to select the "automatically detect the proxy"
setting in your browser. The exact name varies with the different
browsers.

regards,
-glenn