dhclient binary size

Thomas Markwalder tmark at isc.org
Fri Sep 30 13:38:25 UTC 2016

Hi Matt:

I suspect a fair portion of the size increase comes along with moving to
the use of the Bind9 libraries, versus the code that resides in the
"minires" directory.   We gained a good great deal by having common
code,  with improved performance and robustness as well as in
functionality, but apparently at a price of binary footprint.

It may be possible to reduce the size of the Bind9 libraries based on
capabilities excluded through compilation flags when building them but
this would have to be researched.

Regards,

Thomas Markwalder
ISC Software Engineering